My Photo
Name:
Location: Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

B.E (K.J.Somaiya, Mumbai, 06) PGP (IIM Ahmedabad, 08)

Saturday, April 15, 2006

And the results ........



Deal Ya No Deal......This serial didnt take off much in India as its original did abroad...One day I was watching it and saw how there are various boxes....And how people were disappointed when a box from the "baddi rakham" was lost.....Then, I didnt seem to understand wht it must feel like.....

Its been quite long since I last posted....Laziness being the most mighty factor....Orkut bein another(Addicition has always been my forte)....Then there was an eye operation for my cousin(the dude got hit by a ball on his specs and the latter part of the specs went into his eye which became critical.....but he is doing excellent now)And lastly due to the term tests...Okay I agree I didnt touch my book till midnight before the tests....but it doesnt feel good to write a blog when u have exams loomin...Its much better to gab with cousins and friends and kill time!

IIM results were expected from the 10th of April....So had to consistently go and check their webpages too...Term tests 1 and 2 were on Monday and 3 and 4 were on Wednesday.....Tuesday many of my relatives were comin home....and what better way to show off ur coolness by gabbin with them on the day before twin tests :)

So as I was saying Monday termtests were really gud.....Am still surprised at how havin good partners is much much more important than studying!
Tuesday just passed time....gabbing and playing a good host along with ma and dad....The real fun(?) begins after 8 in the night

Still guests around...I open my orkut account to check if there are any scraps...and also whether my popularity had increased (kahan yaar!)...suddenly my google talk tells me there is a message with the title "IIMB results are out"....and I knew.....that the time had come...the results had started to pour....The next 4 hrs were frustrating...for me cos others werent putting up the results and B was the only call I had not got...and even more frustrating for my cousin, who had his eyes under those Karunanidhi type glasses, as I was switchin the lights on and off in the room with the comp where he was trying to "get better" by sleepin.

Term tests next day....and had to study!...but knowin tht results that could change your life might have been put up at that very moment was too unnerving...At 12, after I had promised my cousins twice at 10 30 and 11 tht tht was the last time I m checking the results, I went and switched on the monitor again...this time I only heard a grudge from him(who had asked u to play cricket baby!)...I again refreshed all the window panes :) of the 5 IIMs...the only one tht showed a slight difference was the one of IIMC....
IIMC final calls it said....
Knew this was it!
the world seemed to zero in on the computer screen...
entered my reg no. and dob...
and then what I saw was the screenshot shown....

For a moment I couldnt say anything....or think anything.....and the whole room seemed to be echoing disappointment...So I sat there lookin at the screen for sometime...this was not the news my mom dad would like to hear when they wake up tom...but tht is the truth!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home