My Photo
Name:
Location: Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

B.E (K.J.Somaiya, Mumbai, 06) PGP (IIM Ahmedabad, 08)

Friday, March 24, 2006

The purpose...The intent of God

Fridays have been quite special over the last year....Its our project day, the day when we are acquainted to the real world....the day when we are supposed to use our "technical excellence" for the good of the corporate world(yeah right!!)...but I dream about a career in management...and as they say...u pick the best staff and relax! I have got without doubt, two of the best partners for my project in whole of IT department (so far at least ;-))...one of them a computer wizard and another the department topper(and both...best of my buddies)!

My job on Fridays is to go to TIFR, which is like one and half hours from my place and once I am there, just relax.....So on such a "trip" to TIFR today, whilst I was trying to somehow divert my attention from the stinky man sitting next to me, I happened to read the list of the top 50 powerful people in India, presented in India Today...which brought me back to the question that has been haunting me all through the past two years!

'What do I really want to do in life?'

Money has never motivated me too much...Yeah I m a big miser(at least as far as giving treats are concerned!!) but have never really been motivated to make a lot money...fame yeah, like it....like to be important...But more than nething else I would love to stand in front of a mirror and say that, that is some work you have done!

I usually have found reasons for everything......but the one fundamental question seems to miss an answer.....The reason for existence...As much as i think, the question becomes all the more impossible to answer...So i move on to the next question...Why am I born in India? What is my purpose.....

As the Oracle in the Matrix says : " We are all here to do...wht we are all here to do"

So what am i here to do? I believe I m indebted to my nation in more ways than one...and I wont let her down....I wont show my back on her and say tht " iss desh ka kuch nahi hoga"....

I wasn't actually impressed by Rang De Basanti for the way of going about changing stuff but yeah the line " Zindagi jeene ke do hi thareekein hothein hain..EK...Jo ho raha hain hone do...Bardash karthein jaon....ya phir...zhimmedhari utao usse badlne ki!!" comes from a very simlar school of thought as compared to mine....

I have always believed......In life...every problem has two halves and no more...the problem itself and the solution...if you are not part of the solution then u are part of the problem too......

I dont know how...I dont know when....But I am sure that I wont die feeling bad that I couldnt do what I could have done for the nation where I was born......

I know there are many like me.....I know there are many who also dream big for our country....u might be one of them...but unless u are ready to put ur leg into the filth and clean it...the dirt will remain.....

4 Comments:

Anonymous Anonymous said...

i felt a breez of fresh air when i read this............in ur style..... duniya main do tarah ke god hote hain.... one who call themselves god n the others whom people call god...... i wish sometime u will develope into the second type... till then....keep writing.....i will keep reading

12:42 am  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

The idea that people are indebted to parents/ nations/ human race has somehow never struck a chord with me. I was born to this world, not out of choice, so that does make me a slave. Why then, do I owe anything to anybody?

Do not try and clear the dust, thats impossible. Instead only try and realize the truth -> The whole world's just a big mass of dust.

1:44 pm  
Anonymous Anonymous said...

At many places it felt like the blog was composed by me...I see a common thread among all the friends close to me.Though suferficially we might appear different, there does exist striking similarities...

7:35 pm  
Blogger Shashank said...

Dude..is ur project at TIFR chembur?
Mine too
Gimme some details..

11:18 pm  

Post a Comment

<< Home