My Photo
Name:
Location: Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

B.E (K.J.Somaiya, Mumbai, 06) PGP (IIM Ahmedabad, 08)

Saturday, March 18, 2006

IIMK GDPI

After the heroics of Ahmedabad.....took a nice time out with my beloved college festival of Symphony...Had the honour of being the General Secretary last year and organising the festival...so this time it was sit back and enjoy...And it gave me gr8 joy to see the council I had selected(boasting am I not ;-)) to work so dedicatedly despite the regulations that the university has imposed on us!

So all in all didnt do any preperation as far as Kozhi was concerned...Was banking heavily on me being a Malu and questions bein based on Kerala....But this is how events turned out.......


It was in Mumbai....Reached there at 12 50...and made a pool of new friends! The GD started only by 2 30!!

GD Experience:-
There was no table this time...and no additional paper either...so get ur own paper..There were again 10 members in the GD n the panel consisted of 2 middleaged profs!

Topic : Indian Economy should integrate with South and South East Asia and not with China!(I am allergic to factual topics)

Had again a competitive group...mostly all of them had good work ex!
I made some 5 or 6 enteries....spoke fine but hardly had any gr8 points...I introduced points like...role of politics and China against Indian entry inot the security council!...Infosys plannin to setup offices at indonesia and its adv....Idea of trying to list Indian shares in the global market...The fear of them competitin with us in our core areas etc etc
Overall it was nice....but again like Ahm competitive... many hardly got a chance to speak...dB level ;- 6/10 again..

PI Experience:
I was number 1 for the PI...Hurray...no waits this time...

I go in and am asked to sit on a seat a little away from the table which had a pen and paper ready for me...I pull the chair to the table and they ask me whether i m feelin uncomfortable with so much of leg space...I said it would be quite uncomfortable to write from tht distance...They say they will notify me when I will have to do some writin...I shrug(No Issues : Have it ur way!) and pull the chair bac to its original position

No technical questions this time

Had spoken abt some ideological thingie during the GD...so question starts from there!
Discussion moves on from India China to Cold War tht existed to both the world wars, Hitlers emergence to the top...It stops when they ask me the opposition party to Hitler's Nazi(??)
Goes on to Maths...
Asks me wht is GP and write down an equation....
he then aks me the summation of an infinite series of GP...I write both of them....asks me how do I arrive at the answer!
I ask him can I use Mathematical Induction! He says yes!! I solve it(by equatin RHS and LHS) and then he realises tht he has been tricked...asks me to derive the formula..I take 'a' out and say the remainin is the formula of 1/(1-x)...he says derive tth...(Chance!!)
Then goes on to my strenghts and weakness(yeah baby!) asks me to illustrate...Now tht brought me onto my home turf...had 2 or 3 illustrations for everything(He might have wished he had never asked)...

Then he suggested tht i would do good if i enter politics...I said tht is indeed my long term ambition and cited some examples of how R.R.Patil is doin a great job as the home minister and how well he has implemented the operation cleanup!
They smile and say goodbye
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
So all in all, I think I should make it...but u know...u just cant predict!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home