My Photo
Name:
Location: Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

B.E (K.J.Somaiya, Mumbai, 06) PGP (IIM Ahmedabad, 08)

Saturday, March 18, 2006

IIMC Stress Surely

This is something you have to read(every sadist would absolutely love this!)....IIMC is supposed to have all chill general interviews!
One girl was asked "How are you going to go home?" and the discussion revolved around tht for 5 min......Now listen to my story....



GD: "Only tax Payers should be given the right to vote"

A semi fish market....11 ppl.....my number was 9th and there were girls on 8 10 and 11...
I entered the GD 3-4 times(I REITERATE only 3 or 4 times) ...Started with the reason for paying taxes and votin....entered next statin tht if it was meant to attack people evading taxes then how much do such people care to vote anyway! also pointed out that if govt represented the tax payers more then enforcement of tax payin laws would be followed more strictly!

DB Level 8/10

PI:
Bein 9th in the group was pathetic but used this to make friends again...and was gabbin away to glory till my turn came!

I enter the room(and the drama begins!!!)

Panel 1 again ...consistin of P1 with a french beard and cap, P3, I believe was a prof from Cal and P2 was Mr.Hajre(My dads boss at SCI....!!!!!!)

Me(while coming in): Good Evening!
P1(doesnt even respond to tht): What the hell do u think u were doing when u were not allowing those girls to speak

Me(still standin) : Ohh was I one of the reasons why the girls couldnt speak.....I didnt realise I cut any of them
P1: You didnt even realise!!!!(seems amazed)

P2:Take a seat(yeah...courtesy!)
P1:Tell me how does your girlfriend stand u...u dont give them any room to speak?
Me: Sir I do not have a girlfriend
P2: Maybe thts y u do not have a girlfriend!!!!!!!
(honestly yaar.....I was a very nice boy in the GD...just 3 enteries as I said and out of which 2wice when there was kind of a trough...yeah was a bit loud else I wont have been heard!)

P1: If I tell u that u did cut...how would u say ur GD was?
Me: Then bad sir as even they were part of the group and their inputs were as valuable as any others

P1(had enuff of this): ye Tell me about yourself
Me: Sir what aspect of me do u want to know

P2:(sounding frustrated) Anything man!
Me: started with achievements as GS Chess math olymp etc...

P1(cuts me): about ur family first
Me: Dad works for SCI..Mom a housewife

P2(tries not to ask...but couldnt help it!!): he is in managerial side or the ship?
Me: Sir I think u know him...M Venugopalan..Head of IT dept...

P2: ya ya(and evades tht completely....yeah they had decided on takin my case and this couldnt be a hinderant).

P1(looks at my form and sees the long term goal as national development): what the hell were u thinkin when u put something like this.....do u think tht will fetch u some brownie points??
Me: Absolutely not sir...Even while I was writing tht I knew tht this was very generic but this is wht I really want to do and hence i followed my heart and wrote tht

P1: How and wht way are you planning to contri
Me: As i said i havent decided the exact path....but might even end up with me optin for politics(I know i shuldnt have...but kya karein..they got it out from me)!

P1: How do u propose of doing tht after an MBA(smirks all around!)
Me: though it might look really abstract and quite idealistic still i believe after I join a company I will try and build my political contacts while climbing up the corporate ladder and then switch over..

P1:some more grillin...but I refused to budge...but kinda made me realise I had not given fultoo thought on it!
P1(after I hit some fundas): Do u really think tht we believe u....U look like a person who stays late in the night and thinks wht can i do for the nation?
Me: Though not always, I do do that sometimes

P2: Sometimes u might have to pay a bribe to climb the ladder...willl u do it?
Me: Absolutely not sir...I havent bowed down below my ethics till now and it wont happen..ever! I can illustrate using my GS examples

P2: dont give me alibis...only if u are not sure u give alibis
Me: OK
(Finally ....politics ends for the time being!)

P3(yeah where have u been?): Ur dad works in SCI right...tell me abt (@#*&^) mission
Me(ya u were better keepin quite):No idea sir
P3: u know abt Adams Brigde??wht is it?
Me: No (????? I think they misunderstood...My dad works there not me!!)

P2: U said U play chess...who is the most controversial player?
Me: In wht sense
P2: he was the champion gave it away or something
Me: Dont know sir....I m a good player...Played at univ level but dont actually follow chess
P2: U heard of Bobby Fischer
Me: No Sir
P1 then grilled me on Univ level and he said tht I had stated tht i represented the univ!!!
Me: I didnt sir....I said I represented my college at the Univ level!

P3: what else do u know so tht we can ask u on tht(made it seem like it was my last opiton)
Me: sir...(shrug) Cricket football....(I knew they were going to screw me in nething I said so didnt really matter)
P1: ways of gettin out in cricket!
Me: mentioned everything including timed out,handling the ball...but missed on LBW
P1: U didnt say LBW did u? did he??(looks at the other panel...and they nod as if tht was punishable!)
P2: Football haan...wht rank is India in World football
Me: Though cant give the exact rank...can tell u its real bad! Actually I follow premiership more
P2:What else is football called and where?
Me: Soccer in USA
P2: Wht is football there?
Me: Very similar to Rugby...known as NFL
P1: Its not known as NFL
Me: Yeah NFL is the league!
P2: Who was Indian Footballer of the millenium?
Me: Guess it should be between Bhaichung Bhutia and I M Vijayan but dont know for sure(millenium was a bit far fetched, wasnt it!!)!
P1: Which were the interviews u attended(this is the common question!)
Me:AKL till now
P1: How was A?
Me: good....then explained how it went in some detail
P1:How do u compare ur A with C?
Me: I had rather say tht I felt better then after the interview than I might feel after this one
P1: Dont take too much of worry...Go home and relax after this..watch TV etc
P2:Wht else do u do in free time
Me: Spoke abt soliloquy and whisteling to music

Somehow the discussion shifted from tht to ...if i could change somethin in my interview wht could it be?
Me: I would still write national development but will give more thought to it ..strategy wise

P2: U said abt doing things acc to heart...Now if u like a girl but know the problems tht might arise wht would u do?By heart or By Brain?
Me: The fact tht I dont ahve any girlfriends suggest that i work with my Brains...I believe in commitments and unless I am absolutely certain tht relation can b stable I wont proceed;-)

After a little more of general talk they say tht I can leave

And as I was leaving the room....... " We hope to be seeing ur endeavours after 2 years" or something to that effect.....I dont want to be readin too much into tht line.. but cant just ignore tht 2 year funda......(but as the IIMC student told me laterz could be just a flase alarm...so dont get too sure!)

According to me the interview was good as i didnt crack down and the final comment was a bit pleasing....But whatever the result...I get in or I do not...this was an experience to savour!
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
One more thing tht i realised after i sent this mail....
I was asked whether I ahve ne questions or not to which I had replied that I have been in contact with an IIMC student who keeps informin abt things and activities there.....I was asked whether I was told abt the fishing tht took place there.....I said he failed to mention tht...apparently there was no fishing that was allowed in campus(there are damn 7 lakes inside the campus).......So was trying to test me there too....Rigorous...if thts an understatement!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home