My Photo
Name:
Location: Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

B.E (K.J.Somaiya, Mumbai, 06) PGP (IIM Ahmedabad, 08)

Saturday, March 18, 2006

IIML GDPI...Stress or was it?

After the peace in Ahm and Kozhi, I was beginnin to believe that the procedure wasnt so stressful afterall! Well, I thought too soon!

IIM L:
Reached there again 1 hr early and mostly knew everybody...had 4 ppl who were in the Ahm group with the same panel that I had!

GD Topic: Not being absolutely certain is one of the most essential things in rationality

Again competitive group......4 or 5 enteries...
Started of with uncertainity leads to doubts which leads to questions(why) which leads to discoveries...illustrated nicely
then abt decisions of managers being optimization blah blah
If people think rationally then no riots condition(blind faith as someone pointed out)
and some very generic points

Overall pretty ok!

PI:
Two gentlemen...one middleaged(P1) and one slightly older(P2)

P1: How did u like the topic and the GD
Me: yeah nice...but later turned into just illustrations of the same point

P2: Tell me about yourself(lookin least interested)
Me: Normal stuff....spoke abt being the GS of my coll and all

P2 : You shuld be trying to become a political leader(again!!!!!!)
Me: Yeah havent ruled out tht option...want to do somthin for the nation

P2: Wht are teh skills tht a manager and a politician need in common
Me: Most important is analysis skills...also ablity to deliver good motivating speeches

P2: spoke abt Vajpayee being a good speaker and not being able to gather so much of votes and all and also on how Lalu and Mulayam are good leaders
Me: cant blame it on Vajpaye totally(anti incumbency) and as far as Lalu and Mulayam go they understand the mindset of people

P2: U didnt mention tht skill
Me: Analysis includes tht too...that is analysing the people ideology

P1:Went in detail on my acads...complained over my termwork marks being more than theory
Me: I said percentile wise both of them would be on a similar scale...just tht theory papers...have long answers and u usually dont get so high marks
P1: Even in management u have such subjects...wht would u do then

P2(before I could answer): How are inflation rates calculated?
Me: According to me..
P2:(cuts me) Not according to u....there is a standard method followed..can u say tht with total clarity
Me: OK sir...I wont speculate then

P2: How do interest rates go down
Me: Said as fiscal deficit increases...market liquidity increases...people have more money...invest more in banks....banks dont require so much of money they want people to take loans so interest rate goes down
(they seem unsatisfied!)

P1 :How were u selected as the GS...election or selection
Me :Selection..blah blah

P1 :But they didnt have any procedures for identifyin abt ur speech makin abilities?
Me: I think they figured out from the interview abt my oratary capacity...I m quite good with elocutions etc

Both of them say "That would be all Rajiv"
I say Thank You and leave
So I still dont know whether it was stress or were they purely unhappy by my answers
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
If it was stress...I did pretty ok else I am a gonner

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home