My Photo
Name:
Location: Chembur, Mumbai, Maharashtra, India

B.E (K.J.Somaiya, Mumbai, 06) PGP (IIM Ahmedabad, 08)

Saturday, March 18, 2006

IIMA GDPI Experience

I didnt want to get to this so early...but knowing my friends they would already be swearing at me for taking so long to come to the topic...

So here goes...

IIM A.....The dream college....U say IIMA nd people look up at U! Redundant hey...okie :(


I had my centre as IIM A...Went there with Jayant (a pal from coll)who had his GDPI at the same time....reached the place by 12 45...most of the ppl there had familiar faces,ppl who had attended the achievers! Passed time by gabbin with newfound friends..... At 1 45 there was an attendance call taken..and groups announced....I knew Jayant n Saurav in my group...but we didnt make ne strategies as such! We were called in at 1 55 and were asked to sit acc to a predecided format....It was an oval shaped conference table....10 ppl in a group...judges sittin behind us....3 of them.....2 middleaged and 1 slightly older...
we had 3 sheets in front of us...one with the case turned upside down and 2 blank sheets...At exactly 2 we were asked to start reading the case....it was a 5+20 min GD....start when told types....and then finally 5 min to write a summary...
Every group at Ahm had case studies...I wont explain mine...was quite normal.....but group was quite competitive....but managed to sneak in quite a few points...But it was a semi fish market....could scale this GD as 6/10 on the dB scale....
A few lessons learnt....
Though the group might digress from the actual motive...try and stick to wht is required by the case
Try and generate friends in the GD....helps quite a bit...unknowingly u give them and they give u space to express views...and more audacious the friend the better ;-)

But overall on a personal level...did fine(acc to me!)...
I had like to thank Nimish(he was my GD prof from IMS) here....His groomin helped big time....till now at least! Also thank u Sonali(she too was Nimesh's partner)....Had my body language under check...except for once ;-)

PI EXPERIENCE

Now my number was 7.....so my turn came only at 5 in the evening....The wait for the PI can be quite unnerving.....but again met some friends and gabbed to kill time!
I entered the room and faced the same 3 Profs......As soon as I entered they asked me the score(just eager to know the score of the cricket match..nothing else)...
Questions tht were asked:(answers marked with a cross I didnt know)
Abt Info Technology...
Bubble and Quick sorts
Sort Complexity
Binary Sort (X)
Normalization
reasons for it
deeper into it (X)
-----------------------------
now the second prof takes over....says maths olympiad haan!
Questions
Integration- uv formula
Eigen vector(partial X)
North Eastern states in India
its capitals(I said I know most of the capitals though I may not be able to link wht is for wht!)

Prime Minister selection procedure
Head of the Government(?? I said President is like the Chairman and PrimeMin is like the CEO!)
---------------------------------------------------------
Then saw my chess certis...
Sicilian Defence
--------
then other sports:- cricket
How do u bowl(This was fun!)
Leg spinner
Googly
Offbreak
Doosra
Yorker

Then they thanked me and I thanked them too...they asked me to take a toffee and leave! Pretty chill hey!

I might have missed some questions here and there....but somewht the complete story!

Some other interestng questions asked to other ppl

Differential calculus(Sums)....many were asked this!
Laplace transforms...reasons y u use it
Hawk Eye in cricket("Technical" workin)
Poverty Line defn
Wht is Schedule Caste and Schedule Tribe?
Number of them in the country and a graph representin ...
Laws of Thermodynamics
Newtons Laws of motion
Religion talks....most ancient religion
Google Issue

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Now this was an article written a day after the interview.......
Was very happy then abt the smoothness with which my GDPI was executed...
Laterz realised that it was gud for everyone...so by no means am i surely in...
I also learnt that people who I had thought of being appreciative of my enteries in the GD actually thought I spoke a lot.....well quite true but wht the hell!!!

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home